Wellington is renowned for its beautiful Cape Dutch homesteads, picturesque environment, beautiful gardens and numerous wineries. This town has no shortage of wonderful things to do and see. Here is our bucket list of 10 must-do things when you Visit Wellington!
1. Bainskloof Pass is a historic masterpiece and with its unsurpassed vistas, indigenous flora and fauna and crystal-clear rock pools it is the perfect spot for hikers. Have you ever driven through this man-made mountain pass outside Wellington?
2. This is what happens when nature plays along. You get amazing views from the famous “W” of Wellington on our mountain from Val du Charron Wine & Leisure Estate. Take a selfie with the “W” in the background and consider yourself part of the #heartwellington family!
3. Take a ride to explore the heart of the Winelands at Wild Boar Trails. Wellington is rated one of the top MTB destinations in the Cape Winelands.
4. Visit Breytenbach Centre, home to a renowned South African poet and the cultural hub of Wellington.
5. Fantastic fun is to be had at Val du Charron Wine & Leisure Estate. The large elephant sculpture crafted from recycled steel and a host of angels dotted through the gardens surprise visitors at this popular destination.
6. Enjoy the bounty of nature and the spectacular scenery of the valley and surrounding mountains on horseback in Wellington.
7. Go wild at Bontebok Ridge Reserve. Guests can embark on nature drives in this conservancy area and view several ongoing conservation projects.
8. Laid-back Langkloof Roses allows you to indulge in an exotic tea ceremony and the blooming beauty of this rose farm.
9. Wellington Wine Walk is a special way to discover the tastes, sights and flavors of Wellington’s wine farms on foot.
10. Discover the history of Wellington, which served as a commercial hub in the years of the early settlers by exploring the Wellington Heritage Route.
For more information visit www.wellington.co.za.