Val du Charron Wine and Leisure Estate is located on a working vineyard with its own cellar ten minutes from the town of Wellington and under an hour’s drive from Cape Town. Offering 5 and 4 star accommodation, an on-site spa and choice of two restaurants.
The farm is 42 hectares in size and consists of 21 hectares of vineyards, 4½ hectares of olives and a 300t cellar. Our cellar produces hand crafted premium red and white wines for enjoyment worldwide. Val du Charron combines the rich traditions and natural beauty of the area with modern day comforts and technology to produce not only superb wines but an experience for our guests to remember.
The Guesthouse ****
The Guesthouse comprises sixteen luxurious suites each with stunning views of the vineyards,garden and the Hawekwa Mountains.
- The Coach House *****
The Coach House is a boutique wineland’s get-away for the discerning guest who values their privacy.
Consisting of only three spacious suites each with its own plunge pool and private patio with built-in fire place, guests can unwind in their own space overlooking the majestic wine lands and mountains.
Each of the three queen size rooms is en suite with bathrooms containing spa baths and a shower for two. Stunning design elements such as the natural stone flooring that flows from the pool through the rooms and the breath-taking stained glass window features integrate with the room’s modern comforts such as complimentary mini bar, free wi-fi, flat screen TV and cable.
Day trips to Val du Charron Val du Charron can easily accommodate tour busses for tastings, vineyard tours, cellar tours and meals. We have a big parking lot where a coach can easily turn around.
Our unique wine tasting experience, The Theatre of Wine, has become renowned and is now translated in to French, German and Dutch. We are also winners of this year’s prestigious Drinks International Most Innovative Approach Wine Tourism award.
- Activities at Val du Charron
- Wine tasting
- Fine dining at our TWO on site restaurants: The Grillroom (Fully Licensed) with expansive views of the vineyards and mountains is our bespoke steakhouse and Piza e Vino (fully licensed) located in the farm’s historic cellar with enormous outside area, is a great spot to enjoy freshly made Italian cuisine.
- Access to mountain bikes trails. Excellent opportunities for novice as well as skilled riders. Wellington is frequent host to the Cape Epic and the race often traverses Val du Charron. The trails lie on the adjacent farm.
- Vineyard, olive grove (Seasonal) & cellar tours
- Beautiful walks
- Laze by the pool
- Kids jungle gym and splashpad for the juniors
- The Spa @ Val du Charron is an excellent venue for ultimate relaxation. We specialise in massages – hot stone, Swedish and aromatherapy – and facials, however, a full range of beauty basics such as waxing, manicures and pedicures are also on offer as well as luxurious products. Our sauna and power shower are an ideal way to unwind in winter.
Please visit our website: www.vdcwines.com for rates
- The Coach House *****