Lazanou Organic Vineyards is situated in the picturesque Wellington valley approximately a 45 minute drive from Cape Town, South Africa. It is one of the smallest wine farms in South Africa and the full extent of the farm is 8.48 hectares, of which 5.54 hectares are under vineyards.
The rest of the farm includes a cow and sheep pasture, a few small olive groves, a fruit orchard, an earth dam, a bird sanctuary, various buildings and a number of biodiversity zones.
Lazanou Organic Vineyards is a fully certified organic farm. No herbicides, pesticides or chemical fertilizers are used on the farm. Compost is produced on the farm using our own cow manure, earthworms and organic materials from the farm. Snails are controlled by their ducks and chickens.
The farm is a way of life for the owners Josef Lazarus, Candice Stephanou and their two children, Noah and Hannah. They live a relatively self-sustainable life style. Their Jersey cow produces the milk that is use to make butter and cheese. Off springs from their cow, sheep, ducks, chickens and wild guinea fowl, keeps the freezer filled with meat for the family and farm workers.
Table olives and olive oil is produced from their own olive trees and honey from their four beehives. The extensive vegetable garden produces most of their veggies.
The Lazanou Cow Shed Cottage is situated among all of this beauty offering a tranquil and peaceful stay for those seeking nature and its tranquility. It as a a quaint, romantic little cottage, situated in the cow and sheep pasture, overlooking the farm dam and Lazanou Organic Vineyards. It is an idyllic place to spend a relaxing few days.
- Open plan living room / bedroom / kitchen with queen size bed and sleeper couch
- Sleeps 2 adults (queen size bed) and 1 child (sleeper couch) in one room
- Large open fireplace ideal for big log fires (wood is provided)
- Kitchen fitted with under counter fridge, microwave, gas hob and utensils for 6 people
- Separate bathroom room with wash basin, toilet and shower
- Wi-Fi, flat screen TV with full DSTV and DVD player with range of selected movies
- Alarm system with armed response
- Shaded patio with table and bench overlooking pasture, farm dam & vineyards.
- Weber barbeque / braai
- Swimming and rowing in the irrigation dam (when there is enough water)
- Complementary bottle of wine from Lazanou Organic Vineyards
- Optional meals served in the Tasting Room or in Cow Shed Cottage on request
· Optional organic produce from the farm including award winning certified organic wines, milk, butter, cheese, chicken / duck eggs, olive oil, table olives, honey, vegetables and fruit subject to availability